Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Nathan Deal: Don't Lie. Verify

On Tuesday, I was honored to stand up for Congressman Joe Wilson of South Carolina on the floor of the U.S. House.

Joe has apologized to the President for his remarks and the President has accepted. But the liberal, national Democrats are trying to silence anyone who stands in the way of their government-run healthcare program.

Joe Wilson is a good friend of mine. He has four sons who all wear the uniform of our Armed Forces, just as their father did.

I also have proudly worn the uniform of the U.S. Army. Never in my wildest dreams did I believe that I would have to stand up and oppose the Commander-in-Chief. But in this Administration, I have and I will.

For years, I've been leading the fight in Congress to stop illegal immigrants from getting taxpayer-funded health care benefits. In fact, I wrote the law requiring every state to verify identity and citizenship prior to enrolling anyone in Medicaid. No one has been more aggressive about ensuring precious health care funds go only to those here legally.

Just last month, I offered an amendment to the Democrat government-run health care scheme that would prevent illegal aliens from getting taxpayer funded Medicaid benefits by simply requiring verification that an individual is a U.S. Citizen, or in this country legally. Unfortunately, my amendment was defeated on a mostly party-line vote.

However, the buzz on Capitol Hill is that liberal House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is forcing through her government-run health care scheme--without a provision to verify U.S. Citizenship or legal status--to the House floor for a vote as early as this afternoon. And you can help make sure this important taxpayer protection gets an up-or-down vote.

Nathan Deal

Deal for Governor

Call the Speaker's office to tell her to require citizen verification. Her number is 202-225-0100.

-----
www.fayettefrontpage.com
Fayette Front Page
www.georgiafrontpage.com
Georgia Front Page

No comments: