Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Westmoreland Launches Twitter Page

Today, Congressman Lynn Westmoreland launched his Twitter page @RepWestmoreland. Twitter has become an increasingly popular social networking site that allows what’s known as ‘micro-blogging.’ It gives its members an opportunity to share a link, send a quick update, and follow other members. To follow the congressman on Twitter, visit www.twitter.com/repwestmoreland and select ‘Follow.’

“I am excited to be joining the Twitter community. It is a great opportunity for me to connect with my constituents and I would like encourage everyone in Georgia’s Third Congressional District who is on Twitter to follow me. I will use my Twitter page to update constituents on the goings on in Washington, news relevant to our district, and other important information. One of the themes of the 112th Congress is promoting greater transparency in Congress and with my new Twitter account, I can let you know what I’m working on for you while I’m in Washington,” stated Westmoreland.

The congressman can also be found online at www.house.gov/westmoreland and on Facebook by searching ‘Lynn Westmoreland.’

No comments: